Next year will be the perfect time to get back on the road!
With 2021 looking set to be a great year for touring, now is the time to start thinking about booking a driving training course, whether you’re new to caravanning and motorhoming or could do with a refresher having driven or towed your leisure vehicle less this year.
The Caravan and Motorhome Club has launched its 2021 COVID-Secure practical training courses across 13 locations in the UK, plus it is now partnering with Go!Driving to offer B+E driving license courses and tests. The Club has over 40 years’ experience running training courses that have been designed specifically to give tourers additional peace of mind – nearly 55,000 participants have benefited from them to date.
Running from February to October, each training course provides professional safety instructions and techniques. The training courses are split into: Practical Caravanning; Caravan Manoeuvring; and Motorhome Manoeuvring. The caravan and motorhome manoeuvring courses both take less than seven hours, while the Practical Caravan Manoeuvring course for people who are completely new to caravanning is completed within 10 hours split over two days.
– Manoeuvring advice
– Hitching and towing safely
– Straightforward safety checks
– Understanding the laws that affect caravanning and motorhoming
– Practice in manoeuvring an outfit forwards and backwards
– Understanding loading and how it affects towing
The Practical Caravanning Course was devised in co-operation with the Road Transport Industry Training Board. Each training centre is staffed by professional instructors and the courses are designed to be as enjoyable as they are informative. The courses are run at centres in Askham Bryan, Darlington, Dumfries, Figheldean, Llanelli, Llay, Macclesfield, Market Harborough, Newark, Plumpton, West Bromwich, Winchester, and Stoke Climsland.
The courses are priced as follows:
• Practical Caravanning Course – £189.00
• Caravan Manoeuvring Course – £159.00
• Motorhome Manoeuvring Course – £189.00
Participants also benefit from the opportunity to save 5% on Club caravan cover, motorhome insurance and car insurance for a new policy or at the next renewal – evidence of course completion is required. They also receive the Club’s Essential Guide to Touring for free, which is jam-packed with plenty of useful information and normally costs £16.00.
B+E license courses and tests
The Club is delighted to be partnering with Go!Driving, which offers excellent training courses for drivers who need to secure a B+E license* in order to tow larger vehicles. The courses will be offered at Go!Driving’s centres at Enfield, Heathrow, Nottingham, Sheffield, Wakefield, Keighley, Wetherby, and Bolton / Wigan.
The courses are priced as follows:
• One day course: £390 and a £115 test fee – inclusive of Club discount
• Two day course: £720 and a £115 test fee – inclusive of Club discount
• Three day sharing course: £1200 and a £230 test fee – inclusive of Club discount
• One day course: £540 and a £115 test fee – inclusive of Club discount
• Two day course: £900 and a £115 test fee – inclusive of Club discount
• Three day sharing course: £1440 and a £230 test fee – inclusive of Club discount
These courses need to be booked direct with Go!Driving: gotowing.co.uk/
Harvey Alexander, director of marketing and membership services at the Caravan and Motorhome Club said, “We are delighted to be able to offer this excellent range of courses to new and seasoned tourers alike, as we know everyone is excited to get back out on the road next year. These COVID-Secure courses provide great value for money and mean that people have the confidence to relax and enjoy their touring adventure with real peace of mind.”
For more information about the Caravan and Motorhome Club’s training courses, please visit camc.com/courses, call 01342 336666 or email email@example.com